A packed evening of excerpts, inserts, works in progress and off the cuff experiments curated by Movement 12. A diverse collection of live performances, installation and film works from some of the most intriguing dance makers around.
Sunday 16 May 8pm, at the Pavilion Theatre, New Rd, Brighton. The evening includes:
· Passing Strange and Wonderful – a duet choreographed by Ben Wright for his company bgroup and performed by Keir Patrick and Lise Manavit.
· A solo choreographed and performed by Virginia Farman.
· A Readiness – a duet in progress performed by Abi Mortimer and Carrie Whittaker of Lila Dance.
· Myocyte – a solo created and performed by Miriam King.
· A new film by Marisa Zanotti.
· A solo created and performed by Augusto Corrieri.
· Small Talk – a new solo choreographed by Wendy Houstoun for Antonia Grove of Probe.
· an apportionment of light – an installation by CiCi Blumstein
· stand in – a film by Becky Edmunds with sound by Scott Smith.
· From Now On – a solo, created as it’s performed, by Charlie Morrissey.
· The Clearing – a new duet choreographed by Charles Linehan. Created with and performed by Grieg Cooke andRahel Vonmoos.
Movement 12 is a group of independent dance artists based in and around Brighton who curate an international programme of artist-led opportunities and events. Look out for our new programme to be launched in Autumn 2010.